Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend in L.A

Week 2 of blogging...
Three good days of teaching.
 I took my second test in Health and received 100 %!
FInally Friday arrived and Ernie, Jess, and I were privileged to attend the broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast".  It was a good play and even better company!  The artists had wonderful singing voices!  Afterwards, we were able to spend the night in one of my favorite towns...Newport Beach!  Ernie has an employee whose family owns a beachhouse there and they offered it to us!  What a treat!  SOOOO nice!  Right on the beach!  Saturday morning we relaxed, before going to the Costa Mesa Swap Meet.  It was only about 15 minutes from the beachhouse.  We love the Swap Meet!  We were able to get a supply of our favorite bagels and about 50 lbs of fresh vegetables and fruits at prices well under the grocers!  On our way home, we stopped by Dede Reese for our favorite ice cream sandwiches.
After we arrived home and rested a bit, Ernie and I decided to hit the gym.  First we swam (me 600 yd/ Ernie 800 yd), next we biked (me 13 miles/ Ernie 16 miles), then we walked (me 3 miles/ Ernie 2.4 miles).  I completed my workout in 1 hour and 37 minutes.  I look forward to the triathlon in Lake Havasu, AZ next weekend but I also feel a bit anxious!  We are meeting our friends from SLC, the Procters'.  Marv is instigator of this triathlon!  Wish us luck!  = D

More photos of days gone by:
Spence and Jess at Grandma LaRae's 1998
Snowball fight at Grandma LaRae's, 1996
Spence and Mommy at 1251 Ridgedale Ln, 1987
Summertime at Grandma LaRae's, 1997
Jess at New Port Beach CA, 1994

3 comments:

  1. Spence is so blond in that one photo! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami I love that you are posting pictures on here! I really enjoy reading your posts so far! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the picture of LaRae - so nice to see her smiling face again.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete